Oh, the irony. Today’s theme for the month’s blogging challenge is winter essentials, and today we got our first snow in Louisville.
Growing up in Chicagoland, I’m pretty sure we needed at least half a foot or more of snow before we got a snow day. Last night’s meager two inches was enough for a snow day here in the Bluegrass. Sigh.
The truth is that I do not like winter, so I gladly accepted the snow day today as an opportunity to gather my winter essentials.
1. Wool socks. I picked up a new four-pack at Costco just in time.
2. Hot beverages. While I drink coffee and tea year-round, they are extra important in the winter. Some of my favorite seasonal teas are peppermint and apple cinnamon. I also occasionally make hot chocolate with Barleans Chocolate Silk Greens.
3. Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe Joe’s. If you’ve never had them, I suggest you head to Trader Joe’s right away. If you don’t have a TJ’s near enough, I feel sorry for you.
4. Baking. While at Trader Joe’s this afternoon I also picked up their mix for Pumpkin Bars. I made these once already this fall and they were fantastic (note: I used coconut oil.) I’m also eagerly anticipating holiday baking. You can expect to see some of my favorite recipes on the blog this season.
5. Reading material. There’s little better than snuggling under a warm blanket with a good book (or Runner’s World) when it’s cold outside.
Other winter essentials include:
6. Coconut oil. It’s not just good for baking!
7. Boots. I own slouchy boots, Ugg boots, riding boots, combat boots, rain boots and even slipper boots. #obsessed
8. Footie pajamas. Mine are fleece and have polar bears on them. They are perfect for #footieyoga.
9. Vitamin C supplements. Just in case.
10. Vacation. Maybe not essential, but certainly desirable.)
This is post 17/30